I'll tell you what the best thing this week was: Me getting better. All of those awful cold symptoms finally starting to fade away. I tell you, i thought i was never going to get better. I had missed 2 days of school and been sick for 5 days total.
But anyways, on to the real stuff. Perhaps the second best thing this week was getting that darned AP test over with. Sickness had me cramming all my study time into 3 days before the test. It was a tough situation. I had to be thorough and efficient. Skipping over little details would have probably meant lower scores on the multiple choice section, but i couldn't go to deep either because I simply didn't have enough time to review the entire course and it's details.
My solution therefore was to single out WHERE i needed reviewing the most. Medieval Europe. Byzantium. The Dar-al Islam. China's various dynasties. The Mongol Empires. Mercantalism. All of those needed reviewing- so i made reminders to go over those topics.
My plans for review also changed quite a bit through the course of time. First, it was making PERSIA's for everything. Big, extensive documents and charts. Tons of details- and I did this because i was paranoid about forgetting the information. Very paranoid.
Alot of people tell me they remember things better when they write it down. Now the same goes for me too, but i REALLY have to write it. Even if i'm just scribbling stuff out on the textbook pages and not looking at it again.
So i had to make these extensive study guides, but as i ran out of time, i realized i couldn't do that. I had to simply look over the content. No more wasting time. I had to be efficient. I wrote less and less detail, skimmed more sections, and reviewed things in much less of a chronological order.
I remembered it, though. And for that reason, i believe i succeeded on the AP Test. It felt SOOOOOOOO good to get that out of the way!
But this method, however, proved unhelpful after awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Ari!
I remember that week (a couple weeks ago) and it'll always be one of the best days EVER. I totally crammed for the AP, I was sure my mom wouldn't force me to take it, but then in the end she said I had to...so I was just shoving as much information into my head as possible, and it turned out to not be so awful. I knew about 2 of the essay topics, and even though I failed overall, it was like throwing a bull off of my shoulders...I felt so relaxed, I went out to dinner, watched HOUSE, and went straight to bed. :)
Post a Comment